There have always been conflicting positions regarding whether it is good for children to go barefoot or better with footwear. Many parents prevent their children from going barefoot at home in fear that they will end up catching a cold.
This is a true myth since viruses enter the body through the respiratory tract. In contrast, experts on the subject advise that the child be barefoot at home since in this way the feet develop much better.
Should children wear shoes?
Experts advise against putting babies on shoes during the first months of age. When it comes to protecting your little one's feet from low temperatures or shocks, just put on socks. Remember that crawling is key for a good development of the child's psychomotor system, hence they should not wear shoes on their feet.
Once the child begins to walk, parents should choose to put on a type of footwear that is flexible and breathes perfectly. From 4 or 5 years of age, the footwear used must be stiffer and stronger to protect the child's feet.
What are the benefits for children of going barefoot?
- Going barefoot without shoes will allow a better formation of the arch of the foot, preventing them from suffering from what is known as flat feet.
- During the first of life, ehe baby will have a greater sensitivity in the feet than in the handss. By going barefoot, your feet help you explore the world around you. In addition, going barefoot allows or contributes to a better development of all the senses of the little one.
- When walking barefoot, the little one will feel different types of textures through their feet. This allows the child to develop various sensations called kinesthetic, that help to improve the position of the different muscles and to strengthen the joints of the body.
Care if the child goes barefoot
- That it is advisable to go barefoot, It does not mean that the child should at all times without any type of footwear. In the case of going to the pool, it is important that the little one wear slippers, since it is a place where various infections are usually contracted.
- In the event that some type of injury can be made while walking without shoes, it is important to know what the injury has caused. In many cases it is necessary to get the tetanus vaccine to prevent the infection from getting worse and causing serious and serious problems.
- Parents should know at all times in which situations the little one can go completely barefoot and when they need to wear shoes. You cannot allow the child to always go without shoes and get used to going barefoot.
Ultimately, Doctors and professionals advise that children go completely barefoot for some time a day. The fact of feeling the ground and walking on it without any type of footwear, helps them to have a greater development of their psychomotor system among other advantages.