At Bezzia every day that passes we like curry more, does the same thing happen to you? The chicken and sweet potato curry that we shared with you until three years ago is one of our favorites and on which we have based ourselves to create this vegan version: tofu and cauliflower curry.
The chicken has been replaced in this version by tofu and other vegetables in addition to the sweet potato have been incorporated into the recipe. In this recipe curry has no one to overshadow it. This time we have not added tomato or any other ingredient that modifies its color or flavor.
Today's is a strong and complete dish, perfect to serve as a single dish. Its preparation is simple and will not take you more than 40 minutes. My advice is that you take advantage and make enough for two days. So you can eat it one day with rice and have it for dinner the next and it will cost you the same. Do you dare to try it?
Ingredients for 3
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g. tofu, diced
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower, in florets
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 350 ml. coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1/3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 glass of water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of cooked rice
Step by step
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Heat the two tablespoons of oil in a saucepan and sauté the seasoned tofu 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Once done, remove from the pan and reserve.
- In the same oil Now fry the onion and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Then Stir in the cauliflower and sweet potato, cover the casserole and let them cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the coconut milk, spices, cornstarch and mix. Cook the whole for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Serve the tofu and cauliflower curry with cooked rice.