It is not at all unusual to see a large number of relationships that are based on emotional attachment.. The big problem is that many people see this attachment as something normal within the couple.
However, attachment is not the same as love and freedom and independence in any relationship is key when it comes to being happy within the couple. In the following article we give you a series of guidelines to achieve some emotional detachment within your partner.
Keys to knowing that you suffer from emotional attachment
One of the clearest aspects that can indicate that you suffer from attachment, It is the fact of not enjoying your freedom and independence as a person. Keeping your partner in mind at all times is not good at all and can cause the relationship to become toxic.
Being happy cannot depend on the partner at all times. A person must be happy for himself and for no one else. If this does not happen, it is quite normal that the relationship in question is based on a strong emotional attachment to the other person.
What symptoms occur in emotional attachment
There are very clear symptoms that usually indicate that a person does not have any type of independence and shows a strong emotional attachment:
- The person is not able to enjoy at any time, if your partner is not present.
- The couple is held on an altar and you only see virtues and good things about it.
- The presence of jealousy and the fear of losing it forever.
- There is no self-esteem and confidence.
- There is some anxiety and nervousness for knowing at all times what the couple is doing.
The importance of emotional detachment in the couple
As we have already mentioned above, emotional attachment is not good for the couple since it is not healthy for either of the two people. Ideally, detachment should be present at all times:
- It is one thing to live as a couple and share life with another person and quite another to limit life to the couple completely. It is essential to have a life of your own to be able to things individually such as going out with friends or shopping.
- Happiness should not be limited only to the couple. Despite having a relationship with someone, you have to know how to be alone and be able to enjoy a certain loneliness from time to time.
- You cannot depend on another person to be happy. An adult person must obtain happiness for himself, sin no one's help.
- A couple cannot be based on mistrust as this is not healthy for such a relationship. Trust is the fundamental pillar on which a certain relationship must be built. If this happens there is no reason for the dreaded jealousy to appear. Apart from that and for there to be detachment, it is also important that there is dialogue between both people.
Ultimately, Any relationship that is considered healthy must be based on the emotional detachment of these people. This detachment is key for the relationship to be strengthened and both members are truly happy.