When we saw these sweet potato and cheese croquettes in the profile of the dietitian-nutritionist Raquel Bernacer we knew we had to prepare them at home. Then we find ourselves with the typical problem: I do not have enough of this or I do not usually use this ingredient in my kitchen ... but everything has a solution!
These croquettes do not require preparing a bechamel to use like the traditional ones. The dough is prepared by combining roasted sweet potato meat, cheese, cream and gelatin, among other ingredients. Jelly? You can give it up but how will you have time to check dough is not easy to handle even using it.
The moment to form the croquettes is the most delicate. Making the dough is very simple, but after letting it rest in the fridge, it's time to prepare the croquettes. And you will not be able to shape them with your hands, like the traditional ones. You will need two spoons and some patience to do it. Now him sweet taste and creamy texture of the croquettes they more than make up for it.
- 385 g. roasted sweet potato meat (1 large sweet potato)
- 1 sheet of neutral gelatin
- 60 ml. cream with 35% fat
- A teaspoon of butter
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 55 g mozzarella cheese (chopped and well drained)
- Flour (XNUMXg)
- 2 eggs
- Bread crumbs
- Extra virgin olive oil
Step by step
- Roast the sweet potato. To do this, preheat the oven to 200ºC, wash the sweet potato well and place it dry on the oven tray, smeared with a little olive oil. Bake 45 min or until done. Then take it out of the oven and let it cool down.
- As it cools, hydrates the gelatin in a bowl with warm water for a few minutes.
- At the same time, heat the cream in a saucepan without allowing it to boil. Once hot, remove from heat, add the gelatin and mix until it falls apart and is incorporated.
- Once the sweet potato is warm, remove the pulp and place the indicated amount in a bowl, crushing it with a fork.
- Add the melted butter, the cream with the gelatin, the cheese and season to taste. Mix well, try in case you have to rectify the salt point and put it in the fridge for an hour, covering the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Time passed, form the croquettes using two spoons. Then gently roll them through flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Put them in the fridge for another hour before frying them.
- Finally fry the croquettes in plenty of oil heat in batches, allowing excess fat to drain on absorbent paper as you remove.
- Serve the hot sweet potato and cheese croquettes.