La salty zucchini and goat cheese tart that you are encouraged to prepare today will become one of your favorites. Why? Because in addition to being a very simple recipe and with a surprising combination of flavors, it is a recipe with a very good presentation.
Its presentation will make this recipe not out of tune on any table. Because of its simplicity, you can adapt it to your weekly menu, but also serve it in the more special occasions when you have guests at home. Cut into individual portions, it can serve as a starter for 8 people.
It will not spread so much, however, when you bet on this cake as a main dish. We have tried it and we believe that accompanied by a warm cooked potato and salmon salad like the one we proposed a few months ago, it is ideal for three people.
- 2 onions, julienned
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 8-12 slices of goat cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
Step by step
- Poach the onion in julienne, in a frying pan with two tablespoons of oil, until it is soft and has taken on a little color; 10 minutes approximately. ⠀ Then, leave it on a strainer to remove the excess oil until it cools.
- Spread the puff pastry sheet on a mold so that it covers the entire base and goes up the walls between one and two centimeters.
- Distribute the onion already cold on the surface.
- On the onion put a layer of zucchini slices and on these the slices of goat cheese.
- Then add a pinch of salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
- Now put a second layer of zucchini, season and sprinkle with a drizzle of olive oil
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C 25 minutes or until puff pastry is golden and crisp.
- Take the salty zucchini and goat cheese tart out of the oven and enjoy it hot.