At Bezzia we really like Quichés. Are savory tarts We find them a great alternative as a starter when we have guests, but also an excellent main dish to share any day of the week. And of which we have tried this salmon, broccoli and goat cheese quiche it is our favorite.
The quiches accept numerous fillers, so they are perfect to take advantage of those remains that we have in the fridge. In this case, fresh salmon, broccoli and goat cheese are its main ingredients. In addition, we have also prepared the dough at home.
The dough for the quiche It is very easy to prepare but if you do not have the time to make it or you simply prefer a more convenient or faster alternative, you can bet on a commercial shortcut or puff pastry dough. We cannot say that the result is the same but it is equally good.
For the mass:
- 150 g of wheat flour
- 75g cold butter
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
For the filling:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped leek
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 180 g. broccoli in florets
- 80 g. grated cheese
- 280 g. chopped fresh salmon
- 5 slices of goat cheese
- 3 eggs
- 190 ml. cream for cooking
- 190 ml. whole milk
- Salt and pepper
Step by step
- Mix the flour with the butter in a bowl into cubes and work, either with a stirrup or with your hands, pinching the dough, until you get a sandy consistency.
- After add the egg, season and add two tablespoons of water. Mix as necessary to integrate the ingredients and form a ball.
- Once achieved, put the dough in the fridge and let it sit for an hour.
- Meanwhile, boil the bŕocoli 4 minutes in plenty of salty water. After time, drain well and reserve.
- Now, sauté in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil the leek and onion for 5 minutes.
- Then add the broccoli and garlic and sauté for a couple more minutes. Once done, remove the pan from the heat and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Roll out the dough and line with it a round quiche mold of 26 cm in diameter or an elongated one of 36 × 13 with a removable base.
- Now, prick the base with a fork, place a sheet of parchment paper on top and fill with baking balls or vegetables.
- Bake the base for 15 minutes.
- Take advantage of that time to beat the eggs with the cream, milk and a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- After 15 minutes take the mold out of the oven and remove both the balls or vegetables and the paper.
- Place the grated cheese on the base and spread over it the broccoli mixture that you have reserved, the chopped fresh salmon and the goat cheese.
- In conclusion, pour in the whipped mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until edges are golden. And once it's done, remove the mold carefully.
- Serve the salmon, broccoli and goat cheese quiche warm or warm.