A new time has arrived for your life, with many changes, sensations and mixed feelings. For this reason, we should always go to our trusted doctor to give us some guidelines to follow. That said, we must take care of ourselves as we have been doing throughout our lives, although it is true that we can be a little more specific. Do you know how to bring food in menopause?
Since whenever we face one of the stages that make up that life, we have a series of doubts and even uncertainty. Today we will mention the food part, what are the foods you need the most and that will make you feel better. Given that changes in metabolism are evident and we must take them into account.
Table of Contents
Food in menopause: essential foods
Before starting, we must always clarify that the last word is with the specialist. Because sometimes we have to add different diseases, which have nothing to do with menopause, but can affect our diet. That said, the essential foods for this time are:
- Blue fish that provides us with essential fatty acids, preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- natural dried fruits because they have vitamins like E and are powerful antioxidants.
- The olive oil You can not miss. It controls hypertension in addition to reducing bad cholesterol and being a vital source to protect the immune system.
- The calcium. In this case it is true that calcium plays a fundamental role because there will be changes in bone mass. The deterioration of the bones comes into our life. So we must take care of this process through food in menopause. So, you know that dairy will accompany you at this time. Remember that it is always better that they are not too greasy.
- Our White meats They are always present when it comes to taking care of us and in this case they were not going to be left behind.
What can not be eaten in menopause?
It is true that you should not eat all those foods or meals that are too fatty. As well as sausages, whole dairy or pastries. But of course, sometimes cravings take over our lives, and not just at menopause. So we are not going to eliminate them outright, but we are going to limit them whenever possible. Because what we are really not going to need are those fats that do not provide us with any type of nutritional value, but rather the opposite. Similarly, excessive consumption of coffee or alcoholic beverages is not recommended.
What are the best vitamins for menopause?
Through food we do take a large part of the vitamins that are necessary for our body. But it is true that if you need more, the doctor can prescribe some supplements. In the meantime, we'll tell you that vitamins play a key role, but again we emphasize that they will do so at all times of our growth.
In this case, nothing like letting ourselves be carried away by the vitamin B, D or K. Without forgetting calcium as we mentioned before as well as Omega 3, zinc or iron and magnesium. So, from what you see, there are many nutritional contributions that our body needs to stay in shape. We are going to get all of them with a balanced diet, adding fruits and vegetables, as well as legumes or fish and white meats. Undoubtedly, each day's menu can be very varied and in full colour, so you shouldn't worry.
Also remember that always it is convenient to practice exercise. This will be limited to the needs of each person, but without a doubt, walking for about 30 minutes and doing some type of strength exercise may be a more than perfect combination for you.
Be the first to comment