Today in Bezzia we prepare a simple and quick recipePerfect to add to your weekly menu: macaroni with spinach cheese sauce. At this time of year when we can find fresh spinach in all markets, let's take advantage!
The spinach They can be integrated both raw and cooked in our menu. Last week we prepared a colorful salad with its leaves and today, we cook them to integrate them into a sauce whose main ingredients are cream, cheese and the spinach itself.
You can follow the step by step of our recipe to prepare these macaroni with spinach cheese sauce, but also personalize the recipe using the cheese you like the most or the one you have available at home. We are sure that with a blue cheese it will also be fantastic. Give it a try!
- 180 ml. cream
- 20 g. grated cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 handfuls of spinach, chopped
- 140 g. macaroni
Step by step
- In a pan add the cream and cheese. Season and add a pinch of nutmeg. Heat and cook until the cheese is integrated and the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, in another pan poach the chopped onion in olive oil. When it is well poached, add the spinach, mix and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Cook the macaroni in another container following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the spinach is cooked, add the cheese sauce that will be ready to this pan and mix. Cook the whole for a couple of minutes before adding the cooked and drained macaroni.
- Then mix everything, correct the salt and pepper point -if necessary- and serve hot the macaroni with cheese sauce and spinach.