Removing blood from clothing can be really difficult, especially if it has been a long time and the stain has dried. The good news is that with a little patience and a lot of these really effective tricks, you can get rid of unwanted blood stains on your favorite clothes. Take good note of the following tricks, with which you will also only need to use natural products.
With blood, you have to act quickly, since the more time passes, the more difficult it will be to eliminate. So don't leave a bloodstain for another time acting quickly will make a difference. On the other hand and contrary to what is usually thought, you should always use cold water. If you use hot water, the blood clots and sticks to the tissues.
Table of Contents
Tricks to remove blood from clothes
We are already clear that we must act quickly, also that we must use cold water and now, what product to use to remove blood from clothes? In the market you can find specific products to remove stains, however, they are full of chemical compounds that can damage your most delicate garments. The good news is that in the pantry you can find natural ingredients with which to remove blood from clothes, such as baking soda, salt, white vinegar or hydrogen peroxide.
Before starting to treat the blood stain on clothing, you must know if it is completely dry or if it is a recent stain. In the latter case, the first thing you should do is soak the garment in cold soapy water. Rub the stain so that it detaches well from the fibers of the fabric. Later, rinse well and check and the blood stain is completely goneIf not, repeat the process.
When the bloodstains are already very dry, it is necessary to treat previously to be able to eliminate it completely. Sometimes blood stains appear on the mattress or sheets, both from small wounds that cannot be seen and from the menstrual period. Being in less visible places, it is more common for them to dry out. Take note of these tricks to remove blood from clothing in such cases.
How to remove blood from the mattress
To remove blood stains from the mattress you must follow the next steps:
- Spray hydrogen peroxide on the stain and let it act between 30 and 60 minutes. Be careful, this trick does not work for delicate garments since hydrogen peroxide can burn the garment.
- After that time, spray cold water and use a brush to rub the stain well.
- Now remove residue with a damp cloth to see the status of the bloodstain.
- In conclusion, use hand washing powder detergent and brush and rub until the stain is completely gone.
- Let dry preferably in the sun, since this is a natural disinfectant and bleach.
White vinegar and baking soda
Baking soda and white cleaning vinegar are natural, easy-to-access, inexpensive products to clean just about anything. In the link you will find a lot of cleaning tips simply using these products. But also, together they form a perfect team against blood stains in the clothes. Take note:
- The first thing is to apply the bicarbonate directly on the bloodstain.
- Then drizzle white vinegar over the baking soda. You will see how a reaction occurs, do not worry that it is totally normal. Leave on without rubbing for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now remove the product with a damp cloth.
- In conclusion, Put the garment in plenty of cold water.
- Check if the blood stain has come outIf so, you can wash your clothes normally in the washing machine. If not, repeat the process until the blood is completely removed.
As a final tip remember do not put the clothes with blood stains in the washing machine together with the rest of the clothes. The blood could contaminate the rest of the clothes and even stain delicate fabrics. Check your clothes well before putting them in the washing machine and you can keep your clothes in perfect condition for much longer.