Autumn is a very good time to bake cookies. At Bezzia, we are never lazy to turn on the oven, but we understand that in those places where the heat is pressing, it will be more difficult for you. So if you're not up to it yet, save this recipe for dark chocolate cookies for later.
At Bezzia we couldn't resist. We got down to business immediately after a friend, after trying these cookies, dictated her recipe to us. They are simple cookiesmoreover, they are not intimidating. You will need, yes, a good handful of ingredients to make them.
How will you have time to check these cookies have a very generous amount of sugar, so it is not convenient to eat them every day. But they are fantastic to give us a sweet treat, very sweet! They have a crisp exterior and an exquisite cuddly interior. What else can we ask for? Do you prefer sugar-free cookies? Test you are almond.
Ingredients (for 20 units)
- 180 g. of butter
- 170 g. brown sugar
- 50 g. white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 130 g. strength flour
- 65 g. wheat flour
- ½ sachet of yeast
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 140 g. dark chocolate
Step by step
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and toast. Next, pour the butter into a large bowl and let it cool.
- When the butter is at room temperature, add the sugar and mix with a few rods handheld or electric.
- Now, incorporate the egg, the egg yolk and the vanilla essence and beat again to obtain a homogeneous mass.
- Then add the strength flour, the wheat flour, the yeast, the bicarbonate, the salt and the pinch of nutmeg and mix with enveloping movements until they are well integrated into the dough.
- Finally, chop the chocolate into chunks with a knife and add it.
- Use two spoons to catch walnut-sized dumplings that you will leave on a platter or tray lined with greaseproof paper. Then, put the dish or tray in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the dough hardens.
- Now preheat the oven to 180ºC and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the balls of dough on it, with two fingers apart from one to the other so that when expanding with the heat they do not stick.
- Take the tray to the oven and cook at 180ºC for 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Finally, take them out of the oven and let them rest for 10-15 minutes before transferring them to a rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy dark chocolate cookies, alone or with coffee, milk or a vegetable drink.