Are you looking for a rich, light and healthy proposal what to bring to your table? These baked zucchini sticks with yogurt sauce are it. Perfect to serve as a starter or as a light dinner, they are also quick and easy to prepare. We can't ask for more!
The key to these zucchini sticks is in the batter. A batter to which we have incorporated some spices, but to which we could have incorporated different ones. And if you like to use spices in your dishes, you will find other alternatives to try.
We could have fried these sticks, but it was much more comfortable and cleaner to make them in the oven. In addition, we thus save a significant amount of fat. And we also give a greater prominence to the zucchini which, by the way, will please everyone in this way.
For the zucchini
- 1 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 4-5 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of cheese powder
- a pinch of oregano
- A pinch of curry
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the sauce
- 1 natural yogurt
- Lemon zest
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil⠀
Step by step
- Cut the zucchini into sticks 7 centimeters long and 1 centimeter thick, approximately.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and mix in another container the rest of the ingredients to prepare the batter.
- Once done, go through the egg first and then through this mixture the zucchini sticks.
- As I make them you see placing us on the oven tray that you will have preheated to 220ºC.
- To finish put them in the oven 16-20 minutes at 220°C.⠀
- Take advantage of that time to prepare the sauce mixing the yogurt, zest and juice with a pinch of salt and pepper. And then adding a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve the baked zucchini sticks with yogurt sauce.