We have taken advantage of the fact that it has cooled in the north to prepare a very comforting stew, a stew of white beans and broad beans with tomato. Although the bean season is over, we still have some in storage and we have not wanted to waste them.
This stew is very simple, despite the long list of ingredients. And it is that we have incorporated into it a exotic touch through different spices and a part of coconut milk. If you do not dare with these ingredients or do not have them, you can substitute the spices for others of your liking and coconut milk for the same amount of broth.
Substitutions can be made many although, obviously, once these are done, the result will have little or nothing to do with what we have obtained. Even so, it will remain a ideal dish to complete your weekly menu. Do you dare to try it?
Ingredients for 2-3
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ripe pear tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala
- Salt and pepper
- 1 handful of broad beans
- 2 glasses of water or vegetable broth
- 1 glass of coconut milk
- 1 pot of cooked white beans
Step by step
- Put two tablespoons of oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion over medium heat and garlic for 10 minutes.
- Then add the tomato and cook until it starts to fall apart. You can help it by stirring and mashing the tomato.
- Once the tomato is soft, add the spices, beans and water, mix and cook for 5 more minutes over medium heat with the pan covered.
- Next, clean the beans under running cold water and add them to the casserole along with coconut milk. Mix and cook for an additional XNUMX minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve the white bean and broad bean stew with tomato, hot.