Quiches are savory cakes with a base of shortcrust pastry and a filling with egg and crème fraîche that is cooked in the oven until set. A classic of French cuisine that admits many variations and of which today we make a very simple version: quick quiche with pear and goat cheese
When one does not want to complicate or wants to be able to bring the recipe to the table in less time, a good resource is to bet on commercial masses. The ideal is to use a commercial shortcrust dough, but you can also use a puff pastry, much more accessible in any supermarket. If time is not important and you want to make your own dough, you can find how to do it in the recipe of salmon quiche that we prepare to do time.
As for the filling, preparing it will not tell you anything. The 10 minutes that the puff pastry must be pre-cooked in the oven is enough to prepare it. And is that all you have to do is cook a potato in the microwave and mix some ingredients. Shall we start?
- 1 puff pastry
- 2 ripe conference pears, peeled and diced (1,5cmx1,5cm)
- 1 potato, peeled and diced (1,5cmx1,5cm)
- 80 g of diced goat cheese
- 1 egg white for brushing
- 4 eggs
- 70 g of liquid cream
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of pine nuts
Step by step
- Roll out the puff pastry and place it on the mold (removable if you want to be able to serve it on a platter or plate). Line the base and the walls well and remove the excess dough. Then, prick the bottom with a fork, place a parchment paper on top and dry vegetables on top. Bake it at 190ºC in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Then remove the paper and vegetables and bake 4 more minutes. Once done, take it out and let it temper while you prepare the filling.
- To prepare the filling, place the potato cubes on a plate, cover them with plastic wrap and take them to the microwave. Cook them on full power for about 4 minutes until they are tender.
- On the other hand, in a bowl, mix the eggs with the liquid cream and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once you have all the parts of the filling prepared, brush the puff pastry base with egg white so that the filling does not make it wet.
- Then distribute the potato dice, cheese and pear in the mold.
- To finish pour in the egg mixture and cream, then moving the mold a little so that it penetrates well between the dice, before sprinkling the pine nuts on top.
- Take to the oven and cook for 35 minutes or until set and golden brown at 190ºC with heat up and down.
- Take out and wait for 10 minutes to temper to eat the quick pear and goat cheese quiche.